Clip In Hair Extensions are by far the most popular form of hair extensions on the market. With different lengths, weights and a variety of shades available; there is a set of clip in hair extensions to suit everyone.
When looking for the best hair extensions for you, you may be wondering if Clip In Extensions are really worth it?
The Advantages of Clip In Extensions
- Clip In Extensions only need to be worn when wanted/required then removed before bed. If you aren’t sure that you want to make the commitment to permanently fitted extensions, then clip-ins are an excellent choice. This option is convenient for those who play a lot of sport or tie their hair up on a regular basis.
- They are easy to apply, making them ideal for those new to extensions or those who don’t style their hair often.
- They can be styled out of the head, meaning no rush to curl/straighten your hair in the morning. Why not style the night before and apply when needed?
- Secret Hair Extensions Clip In Hair Extensions come with silicone lined clips for ultimate security and less tension on your hair. The silicone prevents slipping and acts as a barrier between the extensions and your hair.
- They’re quick! They can be applied to the hair in minutes, meaning no lengthy fitting and maintenance appointments that arise with other methods of fitted extensions.
- Perfect for holidays, events, and weddings. If you want to make your hair a little more special for a special day – extensions are a great option.
- They’re a confidence booster. If your hair feels good, then you feel good.
The Disadvantages of Clip In Extensions
- You must remove clip-in hair extensions when sleeping and when washing your hair. These extensions are not permanent, leaving them in for too long or during washing can cause damage to your hair and potentially tangle in with your hair. They are not a permanent method.
- Wearing in the same position each day can cause stress and tension on the section of hair the clip is attached to. Try to vary where you place the clips and backcomb/tease your hair before applying, this provides extra support.
- Clip-in extensions cannot be customised like individual extensions. Other methods of extensions such as Micro Rings and Nano Rings allow you to mix several colours to create a bespoke blend. However, if you purchase human hair extensions they can be highlighted/dyed by a professional.
- If never worn before, it may take you some practice to learn where to place the clip in wefts correctly to tie hair up into a ponytail and style to appear undetectable.
We hope this post has given you some insight into the pros and cons of clip in hair extensions.