Clip in hair extensions are by far the most popular form of hair extensions on the market. With different lengths, weights and a variety of shades available; there is a set of clip in hair extensions to suit everyone.
Here is the lowdown on the advantages and disadvantages of clip in hair extensions.
The Advantages of Clip In Hair Extensions
- One of the biggest benefits of clip in extensions is that they are worn only when wanted/needed and then removed. If you aren’t sure that you want to make the commitment to permanently fitted extensions, then clip-ins are an excellent choice. This option also applies to those who play a lot of sport or swimming.
- They are quick and straightforward to use, making them ideal for those new to extensions or who don’t feel comfortable styling their hair.
- They can be styled out of the head, meaning no rush to curl/straighten your hair in the morning. Why not style the night before and apply when needed?
- Secret Hair Extensions Clip In Hair Extensions come with silicone lined clips, meaning ultimate comfort, support and security. Lining the clips on hair extensions means less tension is applied to your hair.
- They’re quick! They can be implemented in minutes meaning no lengthy fitting and maintenance appointment that arise with other methods of extensions.
- They’re a confidence booster! The reason we were hair extensions os to boost our confidence, if your hair feels good, then you feel good.
The Disadvantages of Clip In Hair Extensions
- It is essential that you remember to remove clip in hair extensions when sleeping or to wash your hair. These extensions are not permanent, leaving them in for too long or during washing can cause damage to your hair and potentially tangle in with your hair.
- Wearing in the same position each day can cause stress and tension on the section of hair the clip is attached to. Try to vary where you place the clips and backcomb/tease your hair before applying, this provides your hair with extra support.
- Clip-in extensions cannot be customised like individual extensions. Other methods of extensions such as Micro Rings and Nano Rings allow you to mix several colours to create a customised blend. However, if you purchase human hair extensions they can be highlighted/dyed by a professional.
- If never worn before, it may take you some practice to learn where to place the clip in wefts correctly to tie hair up into a ponytail and style to appear undetectable.
We hope this post has given you some insight into the pros and cons of clip in hair extensions.